Congratulations to Dr. Windell L. Rivera for being the recipient of the 2015 OUTSTANDING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AWARD for
Basic Research given by the Department of Science and Technology and the National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST-Phl).
Congratulations to the following IB faculty members for their appointments in the UP Scientific Productivity System for the period 2015-2017
Dr. Perry S. Ong, renewal as UP Scientist III
Dr. Windell L. Rivera, promoted from UP Scientist II to UP Scientist III
Dr. Jonas P. Quilang, promoted from UP Scientist I to UP Scientist II
Hiring: Research Associates
Project: Testing of Eective Restoration Options for Representative Coastal Ecosystems of the Philippines
Duration: 1 Year, Full-time
Job Description: Data processing, analysis, and paper-writing on coral fragment growth and survival data
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science or related program
- Experience in data analysis using statistical software or GIS
- Experience in scientic writing (e.g., undergraduate/graduate thesis)
- Preferably graduate student
- Preferably licensed scuba diver (project may include occasional coral restoration fieldwork)
Send application letter and CV to:
Dr. Jonathan Anticamara
The deadline for the second round of application for faculty positions is on 30 June 2015.
FACULTY POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS: Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Plant Systematics, Plant Biology, and Physiology.
1. Must have preferably a PhD degree
2. Prior teaching and research experiences preferred
Please submit a cover letter, transcript of records, and curriculum vitae with three references and their contact information. Send to Dr. Sonia D. Jacinto, Director, Institute of Biology, University of the Philippines, Diliman, 1101, Quezon City. Email: email@example.com
Deadline of Application: June 30, 2015.