Established in September 2015, the Institute of Biology Library’s mission is to provide top-notch science library resources and services in support to teaching, extension, and research activities of the Institute of Biology. It envisions to be part of a world-class network of science satellite libraries comparable here and abroad.
Monday to Friday:
8:30 A.M. – 12:00 NN
1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Rules and Regulations
1. Scan your valid UP Identification Card upon entry
2. Maintain a quiet learning environment inside the library
3. After reading, please leave the books, theses, magazines and journals on the table or place them on the book trolley.
For any concern, question and/or request, feel free to approach the Librarian-in-charge or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Document Delivery Request
For journal articles and/or eBook requests, please email us at email@example.com or approach the Librarian-in-charge for assistance.
3. Library Orientation
For new students and faculty who want to learn some basic information about the library, its resources and how to use them.
See also CS Graduate Orientation 2018.
4. Inter Library Loan (ILL)
For faculty and students who need help in obtaining reference materials from other libraries through Inter library loan.
5. Loaning of books
Present your valid UP ID (current semester) and fill-in the book card with your name and ID number.
Undergraduate students: 5 circulation books for 1 week
Graduate students: 10 circulation books for 1 week
R E P S: 10 circulation books for 1 week
Administrative Staff: 5 circulation books for 1 week
Non-UP visitors: ROOM-USE-ONLY
Note: When any borrowed item(s) becomes overdue, borrowing privileges are automatically suspended until you return the item(s) and settle the overdue fines.
Areas and Facilities
1. Information Desk / Loan Area with
B/W: Php 3.00/page Front & Back Php 5.00/page
Colored: Php 5.00 – 15.00/page Front & Back Php 9.00/page
➢ Scanning: Php 3.00/page
2. Readers Area w/ 48 seating capacity
3. Internet Station w/ 5 units of Desktop Computers
4. FREE Wi-Fi connection
5. FREE charging of laptops and mobile phones
6. College of Science Library website – http://cslib.upd.edu.ph
7. ABCD In-House Database (Theses/Dissertations) – http://abcd.cslib.upd.edu.ph:9090/site
8. University of the Philippines Integrated Library System (iLib) – http://ilib.upd.edu.ph
9. College of Science Library Tracking System (Faculty Use Only) for submitting book request online, checking the status of book request 24/7, checking book fund update per institute, and viewing updated list of new books per institute – http://tracking.cslib.upd.edu.ph
Special Collection of Articles and eBooks (Click on the image to zoom-in)